Tameside Toy Appeal Needed More Than Ever
Each year, local charity, Action Together runs its Tameside Toy Appeal. Last year was its most successful appeal ever, with over 10,000 toys donated to Tameside children most in need. Christmas will be a very difficult time this year for many families in Tameside, particularly those living in poverty.
In response to these unprecedented times the Tameside Toy Appeal 2021 is needed now more than ever.
This year the appeal will run differently:
- A team of volunteer Doorstep Elves and Sleigh Drivers will collect gifts from your doorstep and deliver to local families.
- You can safely donate toys at one of our local drop off points across Tameside.
- You can donate online on our dedicated Just Giving Page.
- You can help spread the word by sharing with family, friends, colleagues using #TamesideToyAppeal
Liz Windsor-Welsh, Chief Executive at Action Together, commented: “We are extremely proud of how the Tameside Toy Appeal continues to bring people together to support those in need at this difficult time of year. We hope that Tameside communities will support the appeal once more and make this a better Christmas for children in Tameside.
“We would appreciate any help you, your employer or your local community group can give to the Tameside Toy Appeal. There are many opportunities to help from volunteering as doorstep elves, Santa won’t put you on the naughty list if you don’t dress up, through to donating a much-needed gift. Let’s work together to support as many families as possible.”
The Tameside Toy Appeal Doorstep Elves will be delivering leaflets across Tameside with more information on how to donate.
Donation ideas could include:
- Children aged 0 – 3 years – Bath toys, building blocks, playmats, teethers
- Children aged 4 – 12 years – Activity toys, board games, dressing up outfits, puzzles
- Teenagers – Art supplies, card games, gift vouchers, sports equipment
- All ages – Books, gloves, hats, pyjamas, scarves, slippers, socks
We cannot accept any second hand or soft toys.
Action Together is working in partnership with children’s centres across Tameside to ensure families receive gifts for their children. Wendy & Mandy’s Café at Ashton Market Hall are accepting donations for this years appeal.